Saturday, November 22, 2014

Veteran Facing Eviction Robbed Bank To Get Help

Homeless veteran accused of bank robbery wanted to go to jail; now getting help
WPTV
Brian Entin
Nov 20, 2014

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Steven Bynes says he finally has hope.

Walking out of the VA Hospital in West Palm Beach, he isn't worried about getting evicted, going hungry, and having no medicine.

One week ago, it was a very different story.

Bynes says he walked into the Bank United on Okeechobee Boulevard and gave an employee a note demanding money.

Then he sat down and waited to get arrested.

"I figured that it would be simple...give them the note and they would put me in the backseat and take me to jail," Bynes said.

He says that was his plan for weeks.

"It was mainly about my health. I am trying to stay alive. At least in jail, I would be alive. But on the streets...I wouldn't have made it six months," Bynes said.
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.