Saturday, November 22, 2014

Problem Solvers Reporters Straighten Out VA for Vietnam Veteran

Vietnam veteran struggles to get transportation for medical care; Problem Solvers step in to help
KJRH News
Jamil Donith
Nov 21, 2014

WAGONER, Okla. - David Breman was just 17-years-old when he pre-in listed in the Marine Corps, and 37-years later he is still haunted by his past.

"I live with it, and I have lived with it a long time."

Three of his comrades were killed by the very bombs the U.S. used during the Vietnam War to destroy unwanted military equipment and the harmful chemical, Agent Orange.

Breman says he was off duty that day.

"I lost three, you know, and there are a lot of times I feel like that should have been me," he said.

Not only does the Vietnam Veteran live with post-traumatic stress disorder, doctors say he suffers severe pain from his exposure to Agent Orange.

"I get pressure in my head and it feels like it's going to explode," he said. "Terrible, terrible, ringing in my ears. Nothing relieves the pain."

To make it worse, he struggles to get medical treatment for his condition.

So he came to the 2NEWS Problem Solvers.

We took his complaints to the VA and asked them to look into his problem further. Just a month later, he got a call from a patient advocate at the VA. They set up an appointment on a day when he could get a ride and promised to take care of his transportation after his surgery.

"Twelve months and you all did it in a month," he said. "I'm really, really, appreciative, very, very, and thankful for the help."
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.