Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fort Bragg Soldier Returns From Afghanistan to Ransacked Home

FORT BRAGG SOLDIER'S HOME RANSACKED WHILE IN AFGHANISTAN
ABC 11 News
By Greg Barnes
Tuesday, October 14, 2014

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- Sgt. Ted Peplinski couldn't wait to get back home from Afghanistan. He returned last week, and when he walked back into his home he was sickened by what he saw.

"Everything was gone," said the 82nd Airborne Sgt. "My refrigerator, my washer, my dryer, stove, everything was missing."

Peplinski says every room was ransacked. What could be taken was.

"They entered my home, went through my stuff. I felt like it's a violation of my privacy, and then they came back and stole my car," he said, of his 2004 Ford Mustang that he had left parked in the driveway.

While he was in Afghanistan fighting terrorist, thieves back home cleaned him out. He says they literally took everything but the kitchen sink.

A neighbor, who kept his eye on the soldier's home, says he believes the thieves snuck in through a backyard privacy fence, and backed a trailer to the back door. Neighbor Aaron Willis says the crime has left him and other neighbors jumpy.
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.