Monday, September 16, 2013

Iraq veteran amputee refuses to give up helping people

Army veteran refuses to let loss of legs keep him from riding
FOX 13 News
by Mark Green
September 15, 2013

WEST POINT, Utah – A local Army veteran always dreamed of riding motorcycles, even after he had both of his legs amputated following an explosion in Iraq.

Darrell Isaac Jensen joined the Army in 2005 and became a medic.

“At a young age I was really introduced to it,” he said. “Helping people is something that I’ve always wanted to do. I really thought that’s what I want to do ultimately: I want to help people.”

And even when an explosion took his legs from him, Jensen remained focused on helping others.

“I got blown up on November 9, 2008,” he said. “Three of us walk into a building, and one of my buddies opened up a refrigerator and it went boom. And I assisted, I put tourniquets on people with one hand, and then I put two on one guy, I gave them all my morphine, and then took care of myself. It was definitely an interesting experience.”
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.