Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wife speaks out after police say Iraq war vet with PTSD shot her

Samantha Brown: Wife speaks out after police say Iraq war vet with PTSD shot her
WPTV
By: Brian Entin
August 5, 2013

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. - Samantha Brown remains at Delray Medical Center just over two weeks after police say her husband shot her in both legs with an AK47.

"I just think about my children. What would have happened if he killed me," Brown said from the rehab part of the hospital.

Adam Brown remains behind bars with no bond after the July 20th attack. Police say Brown has PTSD after returning from the war in Iraq.

Brown's wife says he wasn't properly treating the PTSD.

"Experiencing the things he experienced is going to change anybody. It is just a matter of how they deal with it and I don't think he dealt with it properly. He didn't try as hard as he should have," Brown said.

Samantha Brown has had five surgeries and skin grafts to her legs. Despite a long road to recovery, doctors say her prognosis is good.

"If this had just been a few centimeters over in either direction it could have hit one of her large nerves or arteries and it would have resulted in major damage, even amputation," Dr. Jeffrey Farber said.

Brown told police according to reports that he only remembers holding the gun and hearing the gunshots.
read more here

2 comments:

  1. I am samantha brown. I hope that from now on soldiers with ptsd get the proper care for ptsd. I nearly lost my life because my husband suffered so badly and never got the help needed to cope with his ptsd. I blame him as well as the military for not doing a more thorough evaluation when he came home from war. I hope this incident makes people rethink their strategies when it comes to evaluating anyone who suffers from ptsd

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredible. I was amazed reading about your attitude after this horrible event in your life.

    I've been involved with veterans and their families for over 30 years. In that time I have heard wonderful stories as well as horrible ones but very few were both. Your story is. I am also thankful for you speaking out because they are not getting the help they need. When they don't, they suffer and so do their families.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.