Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Veteran Speaks Out About Military Suicides and PTSD

Veteran Speaks Out About Military Suicides
WSIL TV
By Matthew Searcy
Story Created: Aug 26, 2013

MCLEANSBORO -- A McLeansboro veteran impacted by post traumatic stress disorder is sharing his story with local lawmakers. He hopes to promote positive change at the state level.

Michael Little has seen firsthand the impact of post traumatic stress disorder. It's an issue he says deserves more attention.

"I can personally attest to it because I have lost nine shipmates to suicide since I have returned home during my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan," said Little.

The loss of friends Tom Murphy and Aledia Bordas, along with many others, has been difficult to accept.

"It is something that hurts me because I wonder everyday if there was something more that I could have done to help these men and women," explained Little.
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.