Friday, August 16, 2013

Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills Quadruple amputee featured in documentary

Soldier who lost four limbs featured in documentary
WFAA News
by JASON WHEELER
August 13, 2013

Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills was nearly killed while on duty in Afghanistan on April 10, 2012.

"We went on normal patrol about 4 o'clock in the afternoon," he recalled.

Mills and his comrades had already swept their location for any dreaded improvised explosive devices. "Then I went and set my bag down," he said.

A blast went off right next to Mills. "I was on the ground like, 'Oh, no! What a horrible day!"

Mills lost both arms and both legs in the explosion, but he didn't get that news until four days later — when he woke up in a military hospital.

"It was my 25th birthday and they told me I was a quadruple amputee," he said.

But Mills was also a husband and a father.

"I have a wife and two-year-old daughter, and we plan on having more kids down the road," he said. "I have to get better and take care of my family, just like I would if I was arms and legs, normal, still in the Army."
read more here

also
Soldier who lost 4 limbs back in Michigan hometown

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.