Thursday, May 16, 2013

Orlando KIA tested and trusted

Orlando KIA tested and trusted
by Kathie Costos
Wounded Times Blog
May 16, 2013

I never thought I'd be writing about a car dealership on Wounded Times but after what Orlando KIA did for me yesterday, I have to.

I have a 2005 KIA Sportage that has over 90,000 miles on it. Most of the miles came from traveling to film events for veterans groups and visiting veterans in need. They can't afford to make donations and the groups are struggling to find support for themselves, so I am usually last on list to take care of. That leaves me in a constant financial bind. Last year I filmed over 40 events in and around Central Florida and there are many more events coming up, so I really need my car to run right.

Monday I took it into Orland KIA East for an oil change. I always bring it there because of a past history of knowing I can trust them. They are always friendly so I don't mind hanging around. Tuesday I was taking my husband for an eye doctor appointment when he noticed a leak under my car. It was a puddle of oil. I dropped him off at the doctor's office and took off for KIA.

The plug for the oil tank was broken. They replaced the oil and ordered the new tank. Then they told me it was covered. Yesterday I dropped it off and when I went back to get it, Tony in service told me they covered it because it was their fault. I was speechless because they could have lied and I would have been out over $400 for a repair.

That's what KIA does. It wasn't the first time they were totally honest with me.

The event I had to go to last night was in Sanford. It was training for Saturday's Stand Down for homeless veterans that I am scheduled to do.

I told Tony that if ever I can afford another car, it will be another KIA and I will buy it from them. I fell in love with a black KIA Sportage!

There are so few companies getting credit when they can be trusted that I really felt I had to tell what happened. Their slogan is "We wanna see ya in a KIA."  So do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.