Sunday, March 3, 2013

60 Minutes features Marine Clay Hunt

UPDATE
I should have said this last night. I received a call from Cathy Haynes on this program. I wouldn't have known it was on without her because I was in the shower washing my hair. My husband told me when I came out of the bedroom she called. Yep, that's how my day goes.

When I posted this, I cried. I still remember the sickening feeling in my throat.
Marine Clay Hunt another after combat casualty
April 9, 2011
Marine Clay Hunt became another after combat casualty when he took his own life. By all accounts, Hunt did everything experts say he needed to do. He went to the VA and got help. He talked about having PTSD openly, meaning the stigma induced silence was not a factor. Hunt went even beyond that and got involved trying to save the lives of others with PTSD. Even with all of this including an informed, supportive family, Hunt lost his battle after battle.


60 Minutes just featured his story. I just cried again. Not because I knew him, but because I knew too many like him. I cried for his family even though I never talked to them because I talked to too many families just like his. There needs to be a lot more reports like this because everyday, we lose at least 22 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.