Monday, February 4, 2013

Chris Kyle remembered for what he did

UPDATE
From Milbloggers
People pay respects to Chris Kyle on Twitter Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reading these comments along with comments from others, I am stunned by the fact everything in this country has to be a political issue with both sides. The fact Kyle did so much for others, was shot with a handgun and not an "assault" weapon has caused people to come out swinging for their own ideas and not what Kyle stood for. He was in favor of protecting assault weapons according to reports. Frankly, I don't care. I don't care about what his politics were. What I do care about is what he did with his life along with the fact he was trying to help another veteran and that cost him his life.

Don't they get it? Don't they understand how much help these veterans need? Don't they understand that the men and women in the military are not like the rest of the people in this country and are in fact willing to die for others?
I am not one of the people fitting into any group. Republicans think I am a Democrat and Democrats think I'm Republican. I am an Independent because I don't think either side represents what I believe.

Yesterday a friend on Facebook posted a link to Liberals on Twitter celebrate murder of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and it made me sick. They don't seem to get the fact that Chris Kyle did everything for others. As a Navy SEAL trained sniper, his job was to shoot with deadly accuracy to protect the troops. He was ready to die for their sake. Even back home, when he could have done anything, he still wanted to do for others and did whatever he could to help fellow veterans heal from where they were sent. He tried to help them with PTSD issues. The greatest component in healing is knowing someone cares. Kyle did.

Carrollton nonprofit that aims to help veterans with PTSD remembers Chris Kyle on its website
Dallas Morning News
By Tommy Cummings
February 3, 2013

Former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, who was fatally shot Saturday in Glen Rose, was an advocate for veterans dealing with PTSD. In August, he provided a testimonial to a fitness center outfitting business based in Carrollton.

Kyle told neighborsgo that he slipped into a “black hole” upon his return from deployment, but had “turned his head around” once he bought some gym equipment and started getting back into shape.
read more here

Iraq veteran held on $3M bond in shooting deaths


I do not agree with some of my friends saying that "machine guns" or "assault weapons" should be legal or that bullets should be as easy to get as they are but even within the gun owners groups, they don't all agree with each other. Something has to be done but what that "something" is, won't be discovered as long as different sides refuse to talk about it.

My problem with this story is simple. Anyone saying such terrible things about Kyle because he was involved with guns must not like the troops, veterans, law enforcement or most of my friends since I spend most of my time with members of these groups.

What Chris Kyle did was put his life on the line for the sake of others. Something the haters will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.