Veterans' News

Loading...

Wounded Times

Where Veterans Get Their News

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Disabled Vietnam veteran credited for saving 4-year-old fire victim

Disabled Vietnam veteran credited for saving 4-year-old fire victim
Published January 24, 2013
FoxNews.com

A Vietnam veteran in Chicago is being credited for saving a 4-year-old girl's life after she caught fire in her bed.

"I believe that she was being sheltered by God already," Clyde Harden, 55, a disabled veteran, told The Chicago Tribune. "Somebody was there for her."

Harden was alerted to the Wednesday night fire after he heard his neighbor yell, "my sister's on fire," The Sun-Times Media Wire reported. He rushed to the girl's apartment and used a towel to smother the flames. He said the girl appeared to be badly burned and in shock.

"She was crying and she put her head on my shoulder," he said. "It's scary because the burns were so severe," he said, according to the wire. At that time, another neighbor poured water on the flaming mattress.
read more here

No comments: