Monday, January 7, 2013

Airman Strives to Become Pro Fighter

Airman Strives to Become Pro Fighter
Jan 04, 2013
Air Force News
by Senior Airman Micaiah Anthony

BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. -- Most people dream of getting rich, or houses with white picket fences, but one Airman's dream is to be locked in a blood-stained steel cage with a professional mixed martial artist.

For most, this would be a nightmare. However, for Staff Sgt. Jeremy Caudillo, the 2nd Force Support Squadron fitness center supervisor here, his dream of becoming a professional MMA fighter is about to become reality.

"This has been a big dream of mine," said Caudillo. "My goal is to be the Ultimate Fighting Championship champion. I feel like MMA is my destiny."

Caudillo began his fighting career as a wrestler in high school and college. It wasn't until one of his deployments that he decided to pursue a career in MMA.

"I got interested in MMA when I was deployed to Afghanistan," said Caudillo. "I saw a few Soldiers and some other guys doing combatives and Jiu-jitsu, so I asked if I could partake. I started training with them and it really started my career in MMA."

After Caudillo returned from his deployment, he joined an MMA gym and started competing in local amateur fights. His success in the ring attracted the attention of MTV's reality show 'Caged.'
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.