Saturday, October 20, 2012

Congressman Walsh, why would you have let me die?

When I was 4 1/2 months pregnant, I was looking forward to being a Mom, but I started having problems. I went to my Doctor and discovered the problems I was having could have been simply because I was carrying twins. Joyous news! Never thought that in a few days I would be facing bleeding to death. I was hemorrhaging. One twin died and the other had to be taken by abortion. My question is, why would Congressman Walsh have just let me die? If he had been in Congress back then, that is exactly what would have happened to me.

Life Of The Mother: Never A Reason For Abortion, Congressman Says
by KORVA COLEMAN
October 19, 2012

During a televised debate Thursday on Chicago's WTTW, Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) reiterated his opposition to abortion in any circumstance. It's similar to the Republican Party's national platform, which doesn't have any exceptions for abortion in the case of rape or incest. Walsh is taking it a step further — banning abortion to save the life of the mother.

"I'm pro life without exception. Understand though, that when we talk about exceptions, we talk about rape, incest, health of a woman, life of a woman. Life of the woman is not an exception," he said.

Tammy Duckworth, Walsh's Democratic opponent in Illinois' 8th congressional district race immediately denounced Walsh, saying the incumbent congressman would let a woman die rather than permit her access to abortion. Walsh contradicted her, saying she was unfair.

Walsh didn't have time to explain his stance more fully during the event, and reporters questioned him afterward. CNN says Walsh claimed "there's no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing, with advances in science and technology. Health of the mother has been, has become a tool for abortions any time under any reason."
read more here


All my doctor wanted to do was save my life. Now you can think what Walsh said is a good thing because he believes that "all life is sacred" but when you really think about what he said, he only believes the unborn are. He doesn't care too much about kids already born or he would have paid child support for his own kids. Judge scolds Rep. Joe Walsh in child-support case with ex-wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.