Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wounded Iraq vet commits suicide

Local wounded Iraq vet commits suicide
by Mike Gooding
WVEC.com
Posted on April 20, 2012

NORFOLK -- A local former Army soldier whose grit and determination were an inspiration to many people in Hampton Roads has died at his own hand.

Jonathan Bartlett was just 19 when he lost both of his legs following an improvised explosive device attack in Iraq, back in 2004.

Bartlett never wanted anybody to feel sorry for him.

"Being shot at sucks, but I mean, it was a job I chose to do," he had said. "If the enemy had waited until my cabin was over the bomb instead of the engine, everyone would have died. Instead, no one died. I lost a few pounds. I'll be fine."
read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.