Saturday, July 30, 2011

Marine's mission to help children

Marine's mission to help children

By Tyana Willams

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
Winston Fiore, 26, of Indianapolis is on a money making mission.

"I've raised a little past 25% of my goal of raising $25,000," said Fiore.

Curious why? The young marine says while deployed in Senegal earlier this year, he decided he wanted to see the world. But he wanted to have a reason to travel. He says after seeing all the poverty he decided to make a trek for charity.

"I decided I was going to spend a year, dedicate a year, to traveling part of the world I hadn't been to on foot. So I could connect with locals and decided if I was going to spend a year walking, I should tie in a good cause."

His cause is raising money for the International Children's Surgical Foundation.
read more here
Marine mission to help children

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.