Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do you really care about top stories on TV today?

I live in Florida and can tell you that three years of Casey Anthony is too much. We often wonder if there were any other murders worthy reporting on in all this time. I don't live in New York, although I really do love it, I have nothing to do with Anthony Wiener, so I'm pretty much over his story too. I don't like sports even though I'm from Boston, so I don't really care about the Stanley Cup or a bunch of folks too wrapped up in sports they had to riot when their team didn't win. I don't care that Boehner (or however you spell it) decided to have a smoke on the White House lawn or any other place. None of these stories made my day and frankly have nothing to do with my life anymore than Sarah Palin's emails to God. I didn't even care more than the time it took to read the headlines.

On this blog you find Medal Of Honor Vietnam Veteran Jack Jacobs meeting the man in charge of trying to kill him and his men in Vietnam. A Silver Star hero name Jonathan Clouse so humble he said "Guys called for me so I went" when they were being shot at. A helicopter crew going to save lives even though they were being shot at.

There was a story about an Iraq veteran, how he lost his leg and has PTSD, still caring enough to help someone after an accident, topped off with him getting the wrong end of taser for his efforts and being charged, but found justice being acquitted. Plus another Iraq veteran so troubled he wanted police to kill him but they spared his life and the charges against him have been dropped but he is also healing because he got help.

Another hero lost his life, so the parents of Lance Cpl. Donald Hogan will receive the Navy Cross in his memory and another story of a Fort Hood soldier giving bone marrow to save the life of someone else.

Then there is the really sad part of this day when I had to post that 83 Marines tried to kill themselves so far this year. No matter how much money is spent, this is still going on but the national media news shows have their own agenda, like the above, and too busy to report on any of these stories.

Sorry, rant for the day, but one more reason why this blog is here. Here, you do matter.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely! I check in your blog just about every other day and am so grateful for all the stories of our heroes that I find here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Casey. I just don't understand how these stories are not covered on the 24-7 cable news stations. It's like every single one of them only care about politics and celebrities. When they run out of them, they make their own like Casey Anthony. Three years it's all we heard about down here in Florida and now the trial is on every station, including cable.

    ReplyDelete

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.