Monday, April 25, 2011

U.S. Army Reserve nurse killed in Afghanistan

Jamestown family mourns loss of soldier killed in Afghanistan
By Keith Gushard
Meadville Tribune

MEADVILLE — Mike McClimans of Jamestown was asleep at home when his phone rang just after 7 a.m. Saturday.

“He said to me, ‘Mr. McClimans, I’m Maj. Scott North and I’m outside your door,’ ” McClimans said, his voicing quivering slightly.

McClimans knew what the call meant.

“I said, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’ He said, ‘No sir, I’m not.’ ”

North was there to inform him that McClimans’ son, Capt. Joshua McClimans, 30, a registered nurse serving with the U.S. Army Reserve, had been killed in action in Afghanistan.

Capt. McClimans apparently had left his living quarters to begin a 12-hour shift at a hospital when he was shot.
read more here
Jamestown family mourns loss of soldier killed in Afghanistan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.