Monday, March 31, 2008

PTSD coming to Stardust radio

My Massachusetts accent will be heard live on Wednesday night in case anyone is interested. We'll be discussing PTSD and offering insight as well as support for the families living with it. Most of my readers know our story very well. I tend to get on a soap box about it when I still see it happening to our newer generation of warriors. People tell me I'm passionate about them but they don't know the half of it. I eat most meals at my PC using the time of chewing so that I can read between posts. Half the time my daughter or husband have to remind me to eat because I'll forget. I do it because I know what it feels like.

I post whatever I find that can make a difference in someone's life. I post reports when I find them because I figure the more it's reported, the more it's talked about, the sooner the stigma ends. They say "misery loves company" for a reason. No one wants to feel alone in any crisis. If they know there are others going through it, they take away some comfort. The other reason is that the more bloggers post about the reports coming out, paying attention to them, getting hits because of them, the reporters will be more inclined to do some more reporting on it.

Call in the show and ask questions. Learn from the years I've walked in the shoes and pick my brain. There is a lot even I still don't know, but if you come away from the show with hope, I will feel as if we've accomplished what we set out to do. Don't forget my book can be opened right here on the blog on the right side. It opens in Adobe and lets you in on 18 years of our life as PTSD went from mild to sending my husband over the edge and then into healing. We've been married since 1984. If he can live again after all the years he had no help at all, there is hope anyone can. He'll never be free of PTSD but he is living a life again thanks to some great doctors back at Bedford VA who wouldn't give up on him and some great ones down here in Florida. OK, I had something to do with it to, but I thank God everyday that He held my hand all the way through it.

This is the main Stardust Radio Network site:

http://www.stardustent.com/
You will see the various shows on the left. Choose SVR Broadcast. That will take you to this link:

http://www.stardustent.com/svr.htm

To listen to the shows simply click on the "Listen Live" button up in the upper left hand corner. The show is from 6:30 - 8:00 PM Eastern Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.